Harper Collins Publishers
Goodnight, Manger, written by Laura Sassi and illustrated by New York Times bestselling artist Jane Chapman, tells the story of Mary and Joseph as they try to get Jesus to sleep in the noisy stable after his birth. Told in gentle, lulling rhyme, Goodnight, Manger is an adorable and tender bedtime story, for Christmas or any time of year.
About the Book
With sweet, rhyming text and illustrations by bestselling illustrator Jane Chapman, this sturdy board book edition of Goodnight, Manger offers a unique twist on the classic Christmas tale for the littlest readers, creatively weaving together comforting and familiar bedtime routines with the special magic and wonder of the manger story as Mary and Joseph try to lull baby Jesus asleep inside the noisy stable.
- Is perfect as bedtime reading for your toddlers and little ones, especially during the holiday season
- Makes the Christmas story fun and accessible for young readers
- Helps kids think deeper about what being in the stable may have been like for Jesus, Mary, and Joseph
- Can be read during Advent, the Christmas season, or celebrations of Jesus’s birthday
- Makes a great gift for baby showers, new moms, grandchildren, toddlers, nieces and nephews, and boys and girls 0-4
It's bedtime for Baby Jesus, but who knew a manger could be so loud? Mama, Papa, and all the animals try to get the baby to sleep, but between itchy hay, angels' joyful hosannas, and three kings bearing noisy gifts, it's just too loud. Until Mama finds a way for everyone to work together to shepherd Jesus into peaceful dreams under the twinkling stars.
If you enjoy Goodnight, Manger, be sure to check out Goodnight, Ark as well!